Author Topic: MC Serch Preps 'Lost' Album  (Read 5158 times)

Offline headjerk

MC Serch Preps 'Lost' Album
« on: January 18, 2007, 08:54:55 PM »
Found This On AllHipHop.Com...
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6610

MC Serch Preps 'Lost' Album
By EbenGregory
Date: 1/18/2007 12:20 pm

Riding high off the buzz of VH1's hit show ego trip's (White) Rapper Show, MC Serch is planning to release a new LP titled M.any Y.oung L.ives A.go: The 1994 Sessions.

The release is a “lost” album featuring songs that were recorded in 1994 for Def Jam, but were never released commercially.

The vintage collection of work will be features seven never before heard MC Serch tracks and three unreleased 3rd Bass cuts recorded in 2000.

In the early 1990’s, MC Serch (born Michael Berrin) was a staple in the Hip-Hop community as a member of rap trio 3rd Bass.

In addition to two gold albums and a gold single with 3rd Bass, Serch launched his solo career with the release of his album Return of the Product in 1992.

Since retiring from performing Serch has run a promotions company (Serch Light Productions), and hosted Serch In The AM on Detroit Urban Radio Station WJLB from 2003 until March 2006.

Serch currently serves as the host of VH1’s reality show ego trip's (White) Rapper Show.

Based in South Bronx, the show features ten white rappers that compete with each other for the chance at winning a $100,000 grand prize.
Submit News!

Offline JTizzle

Re: MC Serch Preps 'Lost' Album
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 03:11:29 PM »
New message for all bassheads,

Finally, a release date for the 1994 sessions appears on serchlite's new website,  March 6, 2007.    Can't wait to hear the new tracks.

J.T.

Offline JTizzle

Re: MC Serch Preps 'Lost' Album
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:53:52 PM »
Serch had some interesting comments on his myspace:
Saturday, March 03, 2007

P.S.

In the interest of saving some time, I'm gonna take this opportunity to answer some common questions that I've been getting:

Pete Nice is happily living in Cooperstown NY with his wife and son and has become a well respected baseball historian and author.

Please See Below:

Quit Your Day Job

batter up! 3rd bass man pete nice trades rhymes for runs

By Evan Serpick

Thirteen years after 3rd Bass scored big-league sales with 1989's Cactus Album and paved the way for whitey-come-latelys like Eminem, Prime Minister Pete Nice has slid into a different realm, moving from 3rd Bass to third base. Nice (a.k.a. Peter Nash), who formed the seminal hip-hop group in 1988 with MC Serch, has given up rap and now lives in Cooperstown, N.Y., where he's become something of a baseball scholar. He curates the Chadwick Collection, a traveling exhibition of 19th-century baseball memorabilia. He's also working on two books: a bio of early diamond scribe (and inventor of the batting average) Henry Chadwick, who gave Nash's collection its name; and a history of the baseball -- like, ya know, the actual ball. ''I've been interested in 19th-century baseball since I was a kid,'' says Nash, 35, probably the only member of the Society for American Baseball Research to have given somebody the gas face. ''There's a point where you gotta hang up the mike and let the kids run with it.'' In non-baseball news, Nash is writing a screenplay called South Brooklyn Casket Company, which he describes as a mix of Dog Day Afternoon, Taxi Driver, and Wild Style. ''There's a limited number of people who could play the lead,'' he says. ''I'm probably getting too old. Maybe Eminem.'' Posted Dec 13, 2002 | Published in issue #686 Dec 13, 2002 :|

Daddy Rich is doing well and lives in Arizona. He works for the pharmaceutical company responsible for producing the Diabetes inhaler.  He's still DJing and you can find him on my space.

With Regard to some diss record that Dasit (the first contestant to STEP OFF), my answer is this: The wonderful thing about growing up is that you don't allow petty nonsense to consume your energy.  Such negativity weighs you down and hinders you from moving forward in life.  It is difficult for many of us to admit our mistakes and our weaknesses.  It appears easier for you to blame the next man for your failures but the mark of maturity is the ability to admit your faults, learn from them and grow as a person.  It must be hard to see yourself on national TV like that but I didn't do anything to dude that he didn't put upon himself.  I've certainly moved on and maybe some day he will too. ~Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.  ~Malachy McCourt

Another thing about growing up is that once you start putting things in perspective and categorizing their importance, you begin to realize how unimportant many things can be. For example: Someone says something about me on a record, and people ask me how I'm gonna respond, what am I gonna do? Years ago, I would've been in the studio tryin to shit on that dude. Today? My attitude is, it's a song, it's not cancer, cancer is serious. Your family's health and well-being is serious.  Being able to provide for yourself, and your family is serious. The war in Iraq is serious, what's going on in the Sudan…serious.  A diss record…not so serious, in fact, rather unimportant. When you know who you are as a person, as a human being you don't let meaningless things get in your way and stop you from doing the important things on your list.~ He who angers you conquers you.  ~Elizabeth Kenny