Author Topic: McGREEVY'S 3rd Base Saloon, Boston MA  (Read 3178 times)

Offline wolfey

McGREEVY'S 3rd Base Saloon, Boston MA
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
Fellas, I was in Boston, MA this past weekend with my wife for a Seminar and to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. I told her right away as we were making plans... We're stopping by Pete's bar "McGREEVY'S America's First Sports Bar, Baseball Museum, Irish Faire." I was actually really excited to check it out and wasn't disappointed. Has anyone else been? Every inch of the place is covered with baseball memorabilia (I assume from Pete's collection?) and it would easily take an entire day to absorb it all. It really is a step back in time. The food was great and reasonably priced (I had a Reuben w/ waffle fries) plus some draft beers. The waitresses were tattooed blonde chicks with heavy make-up, and they had no clue about the amazing history that surrounded them. LOL! I can't wait to go back the next time I am in Boston. I wonder if I will be lucky enough to catch Pete... - wolfey
Minster Sinister, I ain't no devil.

Offline mitchk

Re: McGREEVY'S 3rd Base Saloon, Boston MA
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »
Awesome!! I gotta get out there. Glad to hear you had a good time!!

Offline DJ Phoenix

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 06:02:42 PM »
Fellas, I was in Boston, MA this past weekend with my wife for a Seminar and to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. I told her right away as we were making plans... We're stopping by Pete's bar "McGREEVY'S America's First Sports Bar, Baseball Museum, Irish Faire." I was actually really excited to check it out and wasn't disappointed. Has anyone else been? Every inch of the place is covered with baseball memorabilia (I assume from Pete's collection?) and it would easily take an entire day to absorb it all. It really is a step back in time. The food was great and reasonably priced (I had a Reuben w/ waffle fries) plus some draft beers. The waitresses were tattooed blonde chicks with heavy make-up, and they had no clue about the amazing history that surrounded them. LOL! I can't wait to go back the next time I am in Boston. I wonder if I will be lucky enough to catch Pete... - wolfey

Seeing Pete there Im sure wouldve been the icing on the cake, right Wolfey?

I'd have said:"Prostitute yourself for the liznoot, give up the biznoot, then let 'em shoot". ;D
"Prostitute yourself for the liznoot..give up the biznoot, then let 'em shoot"

Offline wolfey

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »
Absolutely DJ P! I would have been absolutely "star struck" if Pete was actually AT McGreevy's that day. Years of questions in my head for him would have gone *poof!* Great line by the way... -wolfey
Minster Sinister, I ain't no devil.