Author Topic: Pete Nice interview?  (Read 63626 times)

Offline jorge kluney

Pete Nice interview?
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »
Any chance we can still make this work, MistaJohn?

Love to hear what the man has to say.

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
Re: Pete Nice interview?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
F' it - let's just call the guy - what's the worst that can happen?

How shall we proceed? Do you want me to call? Should somebody else (maybe Disgruntled)?

What's the plan? I've got two numbers on file for the man.
Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »
I wouldn't mind being in on it.
But might be best if it's just you and Disgruntled.

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 06:00:43 PM »
If Disgruntled is cool with this (since we will be representing this site) - I will call and get Pete's consent or refusal for an interview, if it's a go -

We'll all get a list of questions together to submit to him via email to answer.

How's that sound?
Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 06:05:45 PM »
Great idea.

Maybe one question you could ask him if he was working on a follow up album to Dust to Dust.

You're the man, MJ.

Offline EastCoastHoney

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 06:58:05 PM »
I'd like to know his current personal feelings about Serch, what he thinks about the white rapper show, and if he has any comments/opinion about the fake Pete Nice  imposter incident at Serch's birthday bash.   

Offline andyfilius

• http://www.andyfilius.com
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 01:43:12 PM »
I wouldn't bring up Serch or 3rd Bass too quickly. Make it more about where he's at now, and hip hop in general. If he'll ever come back for one last swing it probably won't be with Serch in light of recent stuff. Better to just keep it about hip hop, talk about Sam Sever, Daddy Rich, and work any questions of collab-ing with them instead of Serch. Easy on that subject matter.
-------
Gas Face given?
I beg to differ.

Offline HERBALZ

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »
Here's a question that I'd like answered: I don't think it's ever been addressed. Somewhere between the Cactus Revisited & Derelicts of Dialect the name Richie Rich was no longer used and all of a sudden he was only referred to as Daddy Rich. I wondered if it had something to do with copyrights with the cartoon character millionaire kid Richie Rich. But then, in the mid 90's, Def Jam signed a rapper from Oakland called Richie Rich.

Hopefully, Pete can shed some light on this topic and it might be a good ice breaker for him to talk about any unreleased tracks from the Dust To Dust album sessions.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:50:42 AM by HERBALZ »
żLawson, what are you doing?

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 04:29:20 PM »
Tell him for every unreleased track he releases (assuming he has the rights... it's been a few years since, so he might) I'll buy 3 of his books. :wink:

I'd also like to know if there were any other videos made.
Rat Bastard was the 1st video single, then Kick the Bobo.  I could have sworn that Yo announced that they had a new video from Pete Nice - I didn't think they were referring to Kick the Bobo because that had been released a few weeks earlier. 

Offline jericho

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 11:39:18 PM »
I have a bunch of questions I'd love to ask Pete, but if I had to pick a few, here is what comes to mind:

1. How did the whole Prime Minister getup with the suit, cigars and cane come about ? Whose idea was that, where did the name come up (pretty original). Was he comfortable in that setting or did he prefer to be more dressed down, street look as in the Dust to Dust era ?

2. How did he feel about performing in front of a live audience with Serch ? Specifically, I'd like to know how did it feel back in '89 performing at the Apollo in front of a tough crowd, as a "white rapper" with street credibility ? Was he comfortable performing, was he too nervous, did he rely on Serch to provide more of the "theatrics"? Serch was definitely more the entertainer with the dancing, while Pete was more aloof.

3. What was the major turning point in his life where he gave up the record business to pursue baseball full time ? Yes, Dust to Dust didn't sell well and Hoppoh recordings didn't work out, but was he so disgusted with the experience that he said, screw this, I am moving out of NYC, to upstate and devote energies towards Cooperstown. Was baseball his one only true passion ?

4. Did he really tell Serch to get his bitch off the tour bus which led to the break-up ? If true, I think that's hilarious in a mean way.

Offline DJ Queue Von Qu

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 07:11:18 AM »
See...I wouldn't even be interested on his feelings on Serch. I just wonder if he still loves hiphop, and if he'd even "consider" having an inclination to drop a new album. Not a 3rd Bass album, but an original from just Pete Nice doing everything his way, having each sound his way.

Now THAT would be something I would wanna know.
  --Queue
You got smoke in your face; ya ill seedlin'.....
------------------------------------------------------

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »
Mista and Disgruntled...
not trying to rush you guys, but any luck yet?
Have you guys planned on a date when you might contact him?

Also, to echo Jericho - I'd be really interested to find out why he put down the mic.  Was it industry b.s. (not pushing the advertising of the album, lack of support of hoppoh...etc).

thanks.

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
Hey Disgruntled,

Is it cool that I call Pete this week and represent thirdbass.net?

Offline Disgruntled Human

• That Guy
  • Administrator
    • DisgruntledHuman
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007, 06:04:49 PM »
Go for it, hopefully he'll be game for an interview. Let us know if you get through.
Uh class, uh my name is Mr. Gressel this is home economics. Today we will be making bread. Please do not throw the bread at your fellow classmates.

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 06:06:39 PM »
A'ight - I'll be sure to report in detail what goes down - I've got the museum line and a home phone - Don't really want to bother the guy at his house, so hopefully I'll get him through the museum.