Author Topic: Pete Nice interview?  (Read 63629 times)

Offline jorge kluney

Re: Pete Nice interview?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »
Thanks again, MistaJohn.

I can't wait to hear his responses (assuming he's willing to do it).

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 09:38:50 PM »
UPDATE - Tried to call the number I had for the Baseball Fan Hall of Fame and McGreevey's Third Bass Saloon today (Tuesday) - number is disconnected (actually some strange tone - "fax like" but didn't sound like a fax).

SO ... I do have a home number - what does everyone think? Should I bother the Prime Minister at his residence??

I was thinking maybe I should try to contact his publicist first (the blond woman in the infamous photos from that Bruce Springsteen recording session - haha).

What's the consensus?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:42:45 PM by MistaJohn »
Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline jericho

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »
I'd recommend the publicist first. Not sure if he'd be receptive for a call from out of the blue from a fan if he wasn't expecting it. Doesn't he check out this site ? Just my opinion.

Offline EastCoastHoney

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 08:12:26 PM »
Yeah, I also say try the publicist first.  If you can't get the publicist, then try his home.  If you have to call him at home, I would start off by being very apologetic for calling him at home and then explain why you're calling.  Hopefully he will be receptive.  Good luck. 

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 08:27:42 PM »
CALL HIM DIRECTLY!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

He'll be flattered (I hope).
If he doesn't want to do it then he says it right out.
If he really doesn't want to do it, he probably won't be more warmed up to the idea when his publicist comes to him with it.
I could be wrong... maybe I'm just anxious.

CALL HIM DIRECTLY!!!!!

p.s.  if he gets pissed just say, "uhhhh oh... I'm...er...jorge kluney.  PEACE!!!" then hang up.  That way he'll be like, "that damn, Jorge Kluney" and won't have nary one ill thought about you.  Assuming he doesn't come to this board.

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 09:45:43 AM »
I'm with you Jorge - F it - let's just talk to the guy!

I'm leaving it up to Disgruntled - I'm going to represent this board so I need his approval - or I'll be happy to turn the number over to him to call himself.

On a side note - I can't find any listings or info for Pete's museum - wonder if it has closed.
Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Yo Disgruntled....
is it cool to do it?

Man, I hope this goes down.
Shit, I'm more excited for this than a boxing match.

Offline Disgruntled Human

• That Guy
  • Administrator
    • DisgruntledHuman
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »
I'm all for it, hopefully he'll be down.
Uh class, uh my name is Mr. Gressel this is home economics. Today we will be making bread. Please do not throw the bread at your fellow classmates.

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 09:07:19 PM »
Disgruntled....
it looks like your board is getting a new member every day.
Words spreading.

Thanks for the go-ahead!

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 12:19:45 PM »
A'ight - I'm calling Monday at 2pm - look for the update shortly after. Hopefully, I'll have good news.

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 12:52:18 PM »
UPDATE - okay, sorry to let you down - all of the numbers I had on Pete have been disconnected. They were pretty reliable leads too (property tax records).

There's two glimmers of hope - Pete's PR woman and sending a letter to his home address. I'm going to try both - although this is starting to feel a bit weird - I don't want to give the impression that I'm stalking the poor guy.

One would think that Pete has stumbled across this site, considering it ranks #1 in Google for all sorts of 3rd Bass terms - Pete, if you're here please spare us the wait and grant us a quick interview.

Offline jericho

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 01:49:02 PM »
MistaJohn, thanks so much for making the brave effort to call him up on our behalf. If it were me, I'd be struggling because like you mentioned, I wouldn't want to give the impression that I'm a psycho. I also don't want to sound like a telemarketer. Not an easy job. Good luck on trying again !

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »
Hey Jericho,

Thanks - sorry for not delivering. I'm not giving up though.

I have somebody in Cooperstown checking to see if Pete's museum and bar are still there - I have a feeling that they are not in business any longer.

I'm going to get in contact with the PR woman this week.

Offline jericho

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 09:13:51 PM »
Hey MistaJohn,

No need to apologize ! You delivered on your promise to call up Pete. I realize its a longshot. If you can get in touch with him somehow, that would be miraculous.

To me, you are scoring points with the Man upstairs. We got to Pray just to make it today. I say we pray...oh yeah we pray.....

Offline DJ Queue Von Qu

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 06:45:15 AM »
You certainly have my appreciation for making such excellent attempts.
While there's no one I feel remotely owns the mic in comparison to Pete, I'm convinced that he's done. I don't know if he has lost the love of hiphop, if he feels he can't come up on the shit that's popular nowadays, if it's money, or if he just don't want to spend his hours behind equipment in a studio trying to make music that he feels will fail, or speaking of the studio, if he just don't feel like it, period.

Dude, I would certainly label myself one of his biggest followers, but the fact is, I never had much faith before and after finding this site in the return of Pete Nice. It seemed pretty clear when the reunion album was called off. That's the time I lost hope. Like all of us I wish on a star for it, but still.

You attempted to rekindle the hope, and get the facts. You got my respects because you did something more than talk about it; you made an actual attempt at making it happen!

Peace
  --Q
You got smoke in your face; ya ill seedlin'.....
------------------------------------------------------