Author Topic: Pete Nice interview?  (Read 58176 times)

Offline wolfey

Re: Pete Nice interview?
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2007, 10:14:04 PM »
I wouldn't say Pete has completely abandoned Hip-Hop, isn't his next project writing a book about Caucasians IN Hip Hop? I think it's called "The White Negro." Anyway, being a father myself now... I can also understand the massive time restraints kids add to your life. I still find it a huge disappointment to not hear from Pete, he was a huge inspiration back then... an amazing MC and lyricist. The recent ESPN interview is almost tough to watch because I've had a mental picture of Pete from back in the day, and now he is a different person it seems. ??? -wolfey
Minster Sinister, I ain't no devil.

Offline DJ Queue Von Qu

« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2007, 05:35:07 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/21/sports/baseball/21rapper.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=baseball&adxnnlx=1158946154-YPSenXq8vfX6EIIh67212g&pagewanted=all

I found that link in google, from 2006 talking about that white negro project. It was either dropped or way behind.

I'm stunned too. I never admired anyone more than Pete and the blow from this shit....just the fact he won't get at us even a month after contacting him. Mutha-fuckin' salt.

Speaking of Vanilla Ice,,,I met him in person Nov. of 2006. He played a local show for this gig called his "Birthday Bash". I went and got there mega early, and his manager (?) to make a long story short, ended up taking me up there. He gave me free drinks, I got to sit down with him and just talk. Ice was salted and indeed whack in the early 90's, because he sold out. He took the money and ran, and in return for that knot, he couldn't even leave his home yet alone talk to anyone without every detail being handled by his PR people from the label. He wasn't whack, the image that was dictated to him for portrayal was. Real talk: Ice isn't fake. He was corny, but the Ice of the modern day isn't. What Monte Hall was saying is true and Ice holds more of my repsect than Pete right now.

I don't give a fuck how much money you've made, or what you're doing, one thing a true MC of any sorts should NEVER EVER do is salt on the people that helped 'em make it. It would take Pete what.....15, 20 minutes to type up even some quick answers...and how long ago did we submit that shit? How else are we supposed to take being ignored other than utter salt.

I'm not going to start callin' Pete a cocksucker and bashing on him or whatever, i've always considered myself amongst his biggest fans and can't disregard the man who was once the Primeminister, but I will say with a full heart and mind that i'm 110% let down and will not understand why were dissed. Respect has ended. Dust to dust Pete
  --Queue Von'Qu
You got smoke in your face; ya ill seedlin'.....
------------------------------------------------------

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2007, 07:41:55 PM »
Yeah - it's pretty disappointing. I rather he just politely declined, we would have understood.

I still have love for Pete - I think he's just a guy who wants to move on with his life and doesn't want 3rd Bass to define his career. He probably procrastinated on getting back to us because it's uncomfortable for him to relive a past that he seems to not want to acknowledge much.

I keep hoping that I'll check my email one morning and Pete's interview will be there - could happen.

Anyway, we have an archive (small but stellar) of the Prime Minister to remember him by - I'll still tell my kids that I once knew a man with a wooden leg named ...  :lol:

Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2007, 04:35:26 PM »
 Who the hell knows what he has going on.  Maybe he's skeptical of replying because of what fans intents might be.  Shit, Serch had someone walking around dress like some caricature version of Pete.  Fuck, I'd be pissed if my past partner in rhyme did something like that.  Think of it like this:  you're completely away from the scene for years.  You know that your past with this particular fellow (Serch) is sketchy at best... Years have elapsed.  Just when you think "I'm sure everything's cool now".... you see some clown dressed up like you back in the day.  If Pete would have done that and had some fat goofy dude with "3rd Bass" shaved in the back of his head - mocking Serch - you think the 1st thing Serch would think upon getting a requested to get interviewed would be "Oh Boy!!!!  I can't wait to address that portion of my life again". 
Ease off the guy for a bit. 

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2007, 05:23:22 PM »
I agree Jorge - I'm giving Pete the benefit of the doubt.

The couple of communications I had with him - he did seem a bit guarded but was down to do us the favor of answering our questions.

I'm not going to pester him and his rep about it anymore and just hope he contacts us at some point.
Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2007, 08:20:18 PM »
Good to hear, MJ.

The guy seems pretty busy.  That, and this is an old part of his life.  Something he really loved at one point.
I guess we got to think of it this way.  Ever have someone you really loved, things turned sour.... what you thought was one way eventually turned out to be something different.  That's hard.  That isn't easy to live with.  This might sound lame as fuck.... but there was this girl back in 96 that meant the world to me.  We were together through alot.  I thought we'd always be together.  Some of my best memories are just simple times with her.  Driving to meet her at the grocery store she worked at with a blue rasberry Mr. Misty from Dairy Queen.  Waiting for her to get done with work.  Lying on her couch and just being with her.... joking around with her.... making out to the sound "16 Candles" by Sponge in her parents Lincoln on a hot ass summer night with the AC blowing.  Her making fun of me for listening to Tim Dog and his lysp....
She went off to college and changed.  Bam.  It was completely different.  She fooled around with some guy.... and then waived me off in Feb of 97 (2 days before Valentines.... my luck).  She talked different, acted different, wanted different things, and didn't want me anymore.  For some odd reason I still occassionally think about her and I still wonder what the fuck happened.  I had a chance to see her at our 10 year class reunion and thankfully she didn't show up.  I really don't know what I would have said to her.  But, I'm also glad that I didn't see her.  I had something with her that is gone now.  I can move past what happened.... but that past still haunts me at times.  It throws me off the duty I have right here right now.  It makes me long for that shit.... when I've got something wonderful in my life right now. 
I know it sounds dumb.  But it's not a stretch to think that that might be hip hop for Pete. 

On a similar note I've got a friend who could have had a huge football career... but those hopes got dashed.  He loved football.  He's got the hardest time in the world even thinking of the game.  When we were kids I remember him, during the winter, running with the football trying to dive over snow banks left by the street plows.  I would watch through my parent's living room window and see him do that for hours.  A kid doing what he loved.... excelling at the grade school, high school and into the college level.  But nothing.  It's not going to happen for him any more.  Those years are long passed.... and all he has are the memories of what was, what could have been.

I know those are silly examples.  But silly or not, they are very real for anyone who ever loved something.  To either have that thing just change on you.... or to miss it by just that much.

Back in 96 before she and I were going to go off to our seperate colleges - we carved our names in this big ol' tree right on the shore of Lake Michigan.  We carved deep and wide enough that it's still there, hidden on a part of the tree that isn't too visible to any punk kid that thought it would be cool to scratch it off.  I try not to do it too much.  But every once and awhile I go back and look at that carving.

I'm just rambling now.....
PEACE!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:23:50 PM by jorge kluney »

Offline wolfey

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »
Yo Jorge Kluney... BIG UPS for your last post, that shit hit home with me BIG TIME. I am almost welling up, no joke. You hit on something that WE ALL can relate too! I'm 34 now, married, a dad, and you just described my past to a tee. 3rd Bass brings me back to when I was single and free, in college, no bills, no stress, a cheesy part-time job, a cool girlfriend, etc. etc. Boy, how times change! -wolfey
Minster Sinister, I ain't no devil.

Offline petenicelover

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2009, 01:17:00 AM »
Sorry to come in the middle of your convo but could you ask pete about how did he meet his wife and did him beinq a rapper have anythinq to do with them qettinq married ?

Offline mitchk

« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
Im not sure if Pete met his wife this way, but she was in the Cactus Video. She plays a nurse in one of the pre-ludes to a video (I think it was right before the Gas Face video). I belive she is the one checkin Serch out while he is bustin rhymes in bed

Offline mitchk

« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is Petes wife (I recall it was said in some MC Serch interview) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHCXRcZTzE She is dressed as a nurse. She is in the start of the video, and then once again after the Wordz snippet.

Offline petenicelover

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »
Thank you i thouqht that was her. But then aqain at the end of brooklyn queens pete is in the backround talkinq to a women. I hope to find out more about his family and love life !

Offline LiquidSwords

« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »
somehow i dont think were gonna get the interview haha. its been like 2 years and he still hasnt responded :?
I seen your skins  likes to go the motels
But your ass wont know till the ho tells

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2015, 08:17:50 PM »
Lol. That was one of my and several of my buddies smoke tunes back when I used to toc the bowl. I'd always put on that tune.....good times  :-D
   --Q

Q, why did you change your nickname so much? 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 07:35:10 AM by jorge kluney »