Author Topic: Long Verson of Kick The Bobo Video?  (Read 6526 times)

Offline DJ Phoenix

Long Verson of Kick The Bobo Video?
« on: April 16, 2010, 05:06:53 AM »
Check this out...found this on youtube & never saw this version before...the beginning is new to me, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21RY2OFnuQI
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:27:22 PM by DJ Phoenix »
"Prostitute yourself for the liznoot..give up the biznoot, then let 'em shoot"

Offline mitchk

Re: Long Verson of Kick The Bobo Video?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:03:11 AM »
nice  ;D  find. I saw that way back in the day on MTV Raps.

Offline jericho

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:00:48 AM »
Great find ! I only saw this once on MTV but I couldn't tape it in time. I like the tribute to Scarface.

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
Pretty cool.
Never saw that before.

Offline HERBALZ

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »
I have seen this video dozens of times throughout the years without the Scarface intro. I had heard about it, but had never seen that Scarface intro of the video until now.  The video doesn't make sense now. Scarface's associate is hung from a helicopter, but then is seen later on hitchhiking??? Is it supposed to be the same guy or does he have a twin brother! :D 
żLawson, what are you doing?

Offline andyfilius

• http://www.andyfilius.com
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:23:29 PM »
killer. i converted the rat bastard vid with full intro, and this video, but the Scarface intro was only half there in 2006 or so. Converted them to digital format for the original upload to this site. i'm glad the full version finally made it out there!
-------
Gas Face given?
I beg to differ.

Offline jericho

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 07:56:36 PM »
When this video played on the Jukebox Network back in the day, Pete and Rich filmed a brief behind the scenes video of Kick the Bobo. Pete said that guy in the video was his friend Joey Bag-O-Donuts (very appropiate). He also said he didn't like Madonna because she had a bony ass compared to three other girls Rich brought out who didn't. But the two never criticized or called out Serch in public. All they said was "Three minus one equals two", just like what was said in the song.

Offline HERBALZ

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 12:44:08 PM »
here's The Beatnuts remix including the Scarface intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pIKIYIwwk
żLawson, what are you doing?

Offline DJ Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
here's The Beatnuts remix including the Scarface intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pIKIYIwwk

isn't the fat guy in the video in reference to Serch? I specifically remember a local radio station in Detroit, playing the Pete stuff, and kept referring to how it was more than a coincidence that the fat guy in both this video and Rat bastard, "looked an awful lot like a diss to Serch". I think there was beef @ the time between them, wasn't there? I remember reading an article too, about how Pete and Rich were pissed b/c Serch kept wanting to do a solo record, and they kept saying that 3 parts were better than 1.....

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »
Definitely references to Serch, in fact Def Jam made Pete & Rich tone down (re-edit) the videos since they were still label mates - play the Dust to Dust album backwards, Pete and Rich snuck jabs in, along with some obvious references in the actual lyrics.

Serch retaliated with a "Prime Minister would be my bitch in prison" line in a version of Daze in a Weak (I think that's the song) - whatever, I'm sure most of us agree Pete's legacy is a hell of a lot more respected.

Serch and Chantel Ono are responsible for forfeiting the game - word.
Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 09:20:33 AM »
Interesting, MistaJohn.

Do you have any specifics regarding hidden messages dissing Serch?

Offline MistaJohn

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »
Hey Jorge,

One of the more obvious backmaskings is on Rat Bastard - end of 1st verse, "Rich bring 'em back [BACKSPIN] - Get some of this, blow make a wish ...". Play Rich's backspin backward or is it forward (you know what I mean - LOL) - there are different messages in the various versions of the song.
Sign the Petition to Universal - Reissue The Cactus Album: www.TheCactusAlbum.com

Offline DJ Phoenix

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »
Hey Jorge,

One of the more obvious backmaskings is on Rat Bastard - end of 1st verse, "Rich bring 'em back [BACKSPIN] - Get some of this, blow make a wish ...". Play Rich's backspin backward or is it forward (you know what I mean - LOL) - there are different messages in the various versions of the song.

Yeah, I remember a dj friend of mine in Mich@ the time, who knew i was a huge 3rd Bass fan, kept playing Pete's stuff backwards, and laughing.

Side not about Pete: this was pretty cool...last week, was driving around listening to DTD, and this dude pulls up next to me on the side......Im blaring "Kick The Bo Bo". he catches me @ the light, and asks "yo, who is that you're playing? they're dope....who is that?", when i tell him, he says(I shit you not): "Holy fuck. You mean the dude from 3rd bass who used the cane?, that guy's dope man". Offered to buy the cd from me, but i said, I couldnt, as i cant really find any more copies. True story...he was cool.....