Author Topic: Pete Nice dissed house of pain?  (Read 6391 times)

Offline LiquidSwords

Pete Nice dissed house of pain?
« on: December 26, 2010, 10:12:06 PM »
in the song Outta My Way Baby pete raps

"Think I fall off, but let me tell you something
That's the day I see the white man jumping (jump around)"

I think this is a clear diss to house of pain. I remember reading on this site that Everlast did not like Pete. What do you guys think?

I seen your skins  likes to go the motels
But your ass wont know till the ho tells

Offline jericho

Re: Pete Nice dissed house of pain?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 11:01:56 PM »
This is an interesting interpretation of that lyric. I always thought it was in reference to the movie "White Man Can't Jump" which was released right around that time. But when you hear Psycho Les in the background echoing "Jump Around" like House of Pain, I thought Psycho was just mocking that chorus. I never knew there was beef between Pete and Everlast.  I also seem to recall that Everlast gave props to the Beatnuts in the album credits and Beatnuts did the same to HOP as well. Given that the Beatnuts produced Outta My Way, it never crossed my mind that they would allow an indirect HOP diss from Pete. But I could be totally wrong. Maybe Pete made both references to the movie and HOP. If he did, genius! Outta My Way is one of my favorite songs of any genre.

Offline LiquidSwords

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »
White Man Cant Jump is a great movie. Yeah I guess it could be perceived either way. But seeing how were never gonna get that Pete Nice interview, we will never know for sure haha

Offline mitchk

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:52:48 PM »
in the song Outta My Way Baby pete raps

"Think I fall off, but let me tell you something
That's the day I see the white man jumping (jump around)"

I think this is a clear diss to house of pain. I remember reading on this site that Everlast did not like Pete. What do you guys think?

First off, I like the way you think  8-), but I don't think that was a diss at Everlast. I know 3rd broke up right as HOP was droppin "Jump Around", I also remember in a Everlast interview that the only person in 3rd that Everlast even spoke on was Serch. It was all during the Eminem, Everlast beef. Mr. Ford was quoted as saying Eminem was just another white fad, and he respected 3rd Bass, but he felt Serch was not a real white MC, because he tried to act black, and how can you take a white MC seriously if they hate who they really are (or something similar to that).   ;D   

Offline jericho

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 10:28:57 PM »
MC Serch trying to act black? Nah, Serch has whole lots of soul coming out his a**hole !

Offline mitchk

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 09:16:10 AM »
MC Serch trying to act black? Nah, Serch has whole lots of soul coming out his a**hole !

:D  Lol    so true

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 05:27:13 PM »
I don't think it's a diss for this reason.
On that album Dust to Dust, Pete's mom is leaving a voice message on Pete's answering machine.
In it she's talking about how she doesn't want him to go to a Public Enemy concert ("PE, I thought that meant gym").
Then at the end of the message while pleading with him not to go she says "The white irish rap group?!"

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »
Also,
I have on VHS where Everlast and MC Serch get into a yelling match and a pushing match on MTV when Serch and RUN DMC played House of Pain in a game of touch football called Tha Supabowl with Dan Cortez as the QB.

Offline LiquidSwords

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 11:14:02 PM »
any chance we could see this tape? sounds pretty awesome haha

Offline mitchk

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
any chance we could see this tape? sounds pretty awesome haha

I'd love to see that

Offline jorge kluney

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 09:03:18 AM »
Yeah,
Let me see what I can do.  I'm not certain if I know how to upload content of a VHS to a computer.
I'll see if I can do it.  If nothing else..... if I were to send to one of you would one of you want to do it?

Offline DJM

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »
I don't think it's a diss for this reason.
On that album Dust to Dust, Pete's mom is leaving a voice message on Pete's answering machine.
In it she's talking about how she doesn't want him to go to a Public Enemy concert ("PE, I thought that meant gym").
Then at the end of the message while pleading with him not to go she says "The white irish rap group?!"

What she said was "The American Irish group?" I could be wrong but I always took this as she couldn't believe that Pete and his Irish friends would attend such a thing. I don't think it was a diss either. Someone on these boards once said something about a picture of Pete with Everlast in The Source. I always thought that it was Serch that Everlast had a problem with.
"I disagree like that MC found on 3rd Bass LP." - Btwice