Author Topic: Serch interviewed by the P-Brothers!  (Read 7802 times)

Offline hausa

Serch interviewed by the P-Brothers!
« on: March 12, 2005, 12:45:32 PM »
In this interview by Nottinghams infamous P-Brothers, Serch tells the thruth abouth the split of 3rd Bass, the role he played with Nas' classic "Illmatic" and the closure of Wild Pitch. It gives a very personal insight.

Part 1: http://www.heavybronx.com/interviews/serch1.htm

Part 2: http://www.heavybronx.com/interviews/serch2.htm

Enjoy!  :lol:

Offline Ander

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 04:58:45 AM »
That was an amazing interview. Thanks a BUNCH.

Offline DJ Queue Von Qu

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:15:33 PM »
I just read the whole interview. Rather amazing indeed. I wonder though, when Pete came back saying "Now I have time", I wonder how long ago that really was, what the f*ck Serch was thinking? His (Serch's) reasoning isn't flawed, but to drop another 3rd Bass record would be another title under his belt and it wouldn't have to suck up his life if 1. it were released on his label or at least independent jurisdiction, and 2. if they decide not to tour or make a huge showing of the fact, what's really to lose?

Also, what really bothers me most of all, is what Pete's feeling. I know hiphop is mosaic to his soul,  I wonder if he feels he needs Serch to make new music. That'd be just goofy. If he has any confidence in his abilities, what's stopping from saying "Ok, if Serch isn't down fine, but I enjoy this, I have things I want to say, here 'goes". He has the talent, the obvious production abilities, and again, indie label would be the best way for him to roll considering both technicalities and finances. Even if it involved reviving "Hoppoh" just for that purpose.
You got smoke in your face; ya ill seedlin'.....
------------------------------------------------------

Offline Princy

• http://www.geocities.com/princyinet
The Cactus shelved for 2 years?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:04:03 PM »
Great interview and disturbing about the meltdown of the band.  

Just wondering, if the Cactus was in the can and shelved by Def Jam in '87, how could they be dissin' Hammer on Gas Face then.  Hammer didn't blow til like 88 or 89.

Is this interview for real?  I'm surprised Serch revealed all of this.

Offline MCSerch

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 05:28:12 PM »
Yeah the interview was real...I cannot tell how dissappointed we both were in not getting out an album.  those five songs mean a lot ot us and we will have them available.  serchlitemusic.com.  I ma not interested in any more "Notches" in my music catalog.  I just would lvoe to tour and that is the problme right now that we are trying to figure out.  We have alarge party to take over seas and there are just not enouhg promoters to do an effective job in maketing a 3rd bass tour

Serch

Offline cyrus

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 09:24:52 AM »
damn, I didn't know that MC Hammer put a hit out on them...  :shock:
What a sad person he must be.

What I would have liked to know is wether Serch is still cool with Zev Love X aka MF doom.
If there's ever going to be a new 3rd bass album he should definitly be on it.

I also heard the following:
Main Source (sans Large Pro) ran up in the Wild Pitch offices with machetes looking to behead MC Serch (then working as an A&R for the label) after a West Coast promotional tour went sour. MC Serch got wind that they were coming and escaped by crawling over the partial walls for his office and jetting out the back door.

what up with that?

Offline Disgruntled Human

• That Guy
  • Administrator
    • DisgruntledHuman
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 06:19:29 PM »
Hey;

Thanks for the memory. Here are the facts. Yes I ran Wild Pitch and was the VP fro two years and A&Red both the OC classic "Times UP" and the Coup "Genocide and Juice". Main Source ran up with a lot of weapons while my pregnant wife was visiting me. THe reason they ran up is that while doing a promo run in LA with the Main Source, we went to a live performance and some dude was outside with a sawed off trying to rob the DJ for the night. When we got back those dudes thought that I put out a hit on them. they kick in my office door and start trying to bogart. I did not escape throught no back starcase but looked over my half wall to see what was up. It was an ugly event and basically was the last day that the group was on the label. Wild Pitch made some grreat music but was doomed based on the deal they had between themselves and EMI. I never ran from them dudes and I never would. My wife and I look at those days as another part of education in this business.

Serch

From this thread http://www.thirdbass.net/boards/viewtopic.php?p=1355&highlight=#1355
Uh class, uh my name is Mr. Gressel this is home economics. Today we will be making bread. Please do not throw the bread at your fellow classmates.

Offline cyrus

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 05:53:31 AM »
aight. Thanks for clearing that up